Tuesday 28 April 2015

Double page spread progress

I noticed later on when looking at my double page spread that I needed to lower down my image on the left page because the mast head was unclear for the audience to read as it was covering the words, 'He's back' to much. So I lowered the image so that it could be seen. And then my double page spread was complete. And i added photo credit onto the image of the artists in a white font.
I finished off the artists record cover by adding text onto it in a bold black font because I think this looked professional.

A anchorage was added to the top of the right hand side of the page and I added another image of a model to represent the artists record cover. I free transformed the image so that it was diagonal and fit in the space effectively and I placed a caption below the image. Then I Inserted a small page number on the bottom of the right hand side of the page in a green font so it could be clearly seen by the audience.
I then added the second column of text in the same font. I also added another lime green larger, bolder quote and continued to apply a dark green colour to the questions being asked to the artist. The text is in small paragraphs so that the reader will want to read the article and it won't look to overpowering for them to read.
I then added my first column of text, the start of the text has a large letter 'W'', I did this because I noticed that a lot of music magazines do this and I think that it makes the reader want to read on. The texts font is in, 'Lao MN' in the size 14pt and the font is serif, because serif fonts are mostly used for large chunks of text as the style is much easier to read for the audience. For one quote I made the text bigger and bolder and applied a lime green colour because, it makes the readers attention directly look at that quote and then makes them want to read the rest of the text. The question that is being asked to the artist it is a dark green font to show that it is a different character speaking and makes the audience aware of this, I also think it looks effective on the page.

Thirdly I added my mast head entitled, 'He's back by dope demand' which is the lyrics from a dance music record by King Bee which I admire and I thought that it fit in well with the fact that the artist in my magazine has come back into making music. The font is in a bold white font which stands out in comparison to the dark background.
I then found an image of disco lights, I then dragged it onto the document and decreased the images opacity so that it blended in successfully with the black background and I didn't want it to look to bold so that the text I was adding would stand out and be clear for the audience to read.

I began creating my double page spread by opening a black landscape page. I then added my chosen picture of my model to the left hand side of the page because when I looked at many varieties of music magazine double page spreads most of them had the image placed on the left hand side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment