Tuesday 30 September 2014

Music magazine drawn drafts (cover, contents and double page spread)

Cover
This is my illustration of how I may present my Dance music magazine cover. I am fond of the idea of photographing a girl holding a magnifying glass for my feature article photo this is because I think it looks slightly strange and mysterious which is how I look at dance music. I also like the idea of entitling my masthead, 'Euphoria' because I think that it sounds professional and its definition is, 'a feeling or state of intense happiness or excitement'. I thought that this was a successful name to entitle my music magazine due to the fact that I desire for my magazine to make an audience feel excited and happy when looking at my magazine. I also want to add some text on diagonal rectangles in order to make the text placed on them stand out in comparison to the black ground. As for the colour of the magazine I am not yet certain of what colour theme to use, however I am fond of the bold green colour in which I used on the photoshop software for my previous college magazine in an earlier task that I have completed on my AS course. This is just a brief illustration due to the fact that I am still thinking of what would be perfect for my cover as I want my magazine to be bold, interesting and appealing to look at to my target audience.

This is my brief contents page draft, I intend to add an image of my self with my hair flowing in the air in order to create the effect that I am at a dance club jumping up and down to the music. I am going to use a bold green font for the contents header, and for the letter 'O' I am going to replace it with an image of a record because this fits in perfectly with the dance style music. I am them going to add feature on the bottom right hand side of the page to advertise new headphones. The background colour will be black and there will be four texts boxes in a lighter grey shade behind the text, so it can be seen clearly by the audience.
This is my brief double page spread draft, I am going to use a small serif font for the the story because it is a lot of writing and the curved edges of the words make the text look easier to read and will not over power the audience so that they feel unmotivated to read the amount of text shown on the page. The image is an action shot that is going to be placed on the right hand side of the page opposite the story. The header is going to be in a bold green font like the contents page and the first letter at the start of the text is going to be in a green shade and in a much bolder and larger font in comparison to the rest of the text because I have seen this in many other music magazines when I was researching the different features that music magazines used and this looks effective and makes the audience want to read the smaller text after it. There is also going to be an image of a girl sat down with her hands covering her face, this is going to be the artists in the magazines new record. It is going to be much smaller in size than the other image. Overall I am happy with my drafts of my magazine however I feel that I may change some features in the process of making the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment