Thursday 4 September 2014

Skin tutorial

I inserted this image from a pen drive and began a process in order to make the womans complexion appear more airbrushed. So I started off by applying the spot healing tool to her blemishes by doing this it made her skin appear healthier. I then used the smart blur tool to reduce her shiny skin tone and to make her face appear smooth and perfected, I scrolled the smart blur option down to fourty percent because I thought that this was the most effective percentage that still looked natural. Due to the fact that I smart blurred the womans face it made her hair appear unrealistic and unclear therefor I used the eraser tool to decrease the appearance of the hair looking unrealistic and to change it back to how it was before I started editing the image. Her eyebrows were not very defined so I used a colour that I thought suited her complexion and used the paintbrush tool to draw them on. I used a variety of different brush sizes in the process of doing her eyebrows because it made it easier for me and made them look more lifelike. The paintbrush tool came in handy again because I also used it on her eye lid to create the effect that she is wearing a nude eyeshadow colour. I tried to make the eyeshadow look like it is getting darker as it gets to the end of her eyelid, so I clicked on the colour tool and gradually started to use the darker tone of yellow as I painted across her eyelids. I then also added a slight white line under her brow bone to highlight her eyebrows and I added a black line on her upper eyelid and waterline to create the affect that she is wearing eyeliner. I really enjoyed doing her eyeshadow using the paintbrush tool and I feel I have increased my knowledge of the airbrushing tools photoshop has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment